Portfolio update (past 1 year)


The Graph below shows a comparison of my value portfolio returns vs the STI ETF returns for the past 1 year (courtesy of Stockcafe). It seems like the value portfolio has indeed out perform the market for the past 1 year. I am quite amazed at the out performance actually considering that the STI index has had a good bull run in the past year as well.

However a 1 year period is too short to determine if a strategy can work consistently in a bear and bull market. I will slowly increase my position in the value portfolio and continue to monitor the strategy.

Currently i still have a handful of stocks that does not meet my value criteria and i did not manage to overcome my emotion and sell them. I always seems to be able to find some reasons to keep and monitor them. 

Something to remind myself is that even when my position is small, it is emotionally difficult to stick to the strategy. It will be worse when the position in each stocks increases. I really need to work on that before i increase my position.



Portfolio update (past 1 year) Portfolio update (past 1 year) Reviewed by Valuewarrior on May 08, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.