Value warrior 2017

Happy 2017. I am doing a review of my value portfolio for 2016. I know its pretty late for a review in March 2017 but better be late than never.

At the end of 2016, total dividend yield is around 4%. Total capital gain is around 18%. This is pretty impressive so far and much better than what i had anticipated.

Out of 13 stocks that i managed to purchased, only 2 is making losses. they are CDW and Wee Hur.

Feb 2017 is 1 year since the purchased of the value stocks and its time for portfolio re-balancing. What i'm supposed to do is to do a screening with my value criteria, sell off those that does not meet the criteria and buy the others that did. Simple.

Its March now and i only sold off 1 (Karin). Its easier said than done. Its too tempting not to sell the stocks when its running up and Its also too difficult to sell off the loss making one. I need to work harder on my emotion. As all of you know unrealized profit remains as unrealized.

I have added 3 more stocks (PCI, KSH and PEC) into my portfolio this year. I will continue to monitor this value portfolio and try to sell more of the shares that does not meet my criteria. Hopefully i have more luck this month.

Value warrior 2017 Value warrior 2017 Reviewed by Valuewarrior on March 04, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.